Ystalyfera

History and Heritage

The Wesleyan Chapel, Pontardawe

The Wesleyan Chapel, Pontardawe stood on the road up to Rhydyfro



From the Llais

The Llais newspaper had always included a round-up of happenings at local churches and chapels, even when these were not part of any particular story. Sometimes they advertised forthcoming events, and at other times who was preaching, or had preached there recently.

From the Labour Voice 13th November 1923:-

A successful musical service was held at the English Wesleyan Church last Sunday afternoon. Mrs Councillor Anne Williams, who presided over a large gathering, expressed herself as being very pleased with the great strides the church had made in recent years. Those who contributed to the programme were: Mrs Jenner, Mr David Daniel, Mr E Morgan, Miss Gladys Jones. The accompanist was Mr T A Evans. The Rev H P Cowl, Mumbles, also spoke.